Become a Member
There are many reasons why you should become a member of the UK’s first nursing league. As a body, we provide an active community for our members.
What do we offer:
- an annual journal – the League News, contains a variety of interesting articles and a list of members’ addresses
- scholarship funding for learning – we welcome applications for help with the cost of professional education, conference attendance as well as skills and activities unrelated to nursing
- an All Day Meeting – in October each year in the Great Hall at Barts. An interesting speaker and a great opportunity to catch up with friends and hear about recent developments at the hospital
- social events – we facilitate members with different opportunities to get together
- a countrywide network of visitors – to provide comfort and friendship
- a benevolent fund – to assist league members and Barts nurses in need
The League welcomes new members who are qualified nurses and meet one of the following criteria:
- qualified as a nurse at St Bartholomew’s School of Nursing and Midwifery prior to September 1993
- commenced training at St Bartholomew’s School of Nursing and Midwifery prior to September 1993 but transferred to City University, London, before qualification
- qualified as a registered nurse at another university/hospital but has been employed as a nurse at St Bartholomew’s Hospital for 1 year at any time after qualifying
For eligibility queries or further information regarding membership, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to join
To apply to join the League, please click on the New Membership application button, enter your details and pay your membership fee online*.
Once you have completed the online application form, your application for membership will be considered at the next Executive Committee meeting and if approved, new members will be contacted by post in due course.
*If you are unable to pay online and wish to pay by cheque, please fill out our downloadable application form and make the cheque payable to The League of St Bartholomew’s Nurses.
The Hon.Treasurer, The League of St Bartholomew’s Nurses, The Post Room, St Bartholomew’s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, EC1A 7BE.
Keeping the League updated
Please keep the League updated with any changes to your personal information (eg. change of name, address, email address or telephone number) or if you wish to notify the League following the death of a League member, please click here for the membership information update form.
Please note: in order to keep the running costs of the League to a minimum, we prefer to contact members via their personal email. If you do not have an email address, we will contact you via post but there may be an inherent delay.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this service, please click here.